By Craig S. Keener
In this quantity, the 3rd of 4, Keener maintains his distinct exegesis of Acts, using an exceptional diversity of historic assets and supplying a wealth of unpolluted insights. This magisterial observation might be a useful source for brand spanking new testomony professors and scholars, pastors, Acts students, and libraries.
Read Online or Download Acts: An Exegetical Commentary : Volume 3: 15:1-23:35 PDF
Best christian reference books
While? ?Read on and get the complete tale: God facing guy in the course of the a long time. This ebook takes you thru the total Bible that you can see God’s plan unfolding. you'll extend your figuring out of the Bible AND of the top instances enormously. integrated on your event are Scripture references. fee every thing out for your self.
He used to be referred to as Simon. He used to be Jonah’s son and Andrew’s brother. either brothers had met Jesus, heard his name, and him, leaving every little thing and everybody else at the back of. we all know the remainder of the story—a tale that has captured the hearts of fans of Jesus for greater than thousand years. those sequence of short meditations specialize in scenes from the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles within which St.
The Shepherd of Hermas is a Greek visionary textual content written in Rome in the course of the 2d century CE with the purpose to exhort males to alter lifestyles and repent for his or her sins, profiting from the final likelihood given via the Lord sooner than world’s finish. The Shepherd is a crucial witness of background of the early Christian idea and it was once so widely-read that it used to be instantly translated into Latin and different languages.
Arguable in the course of his lifetime and ever considering the fact that, the Apostle Paul is usually accused of being homophobic, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, dogmatic, narrow-minded, prejudiced, and downright obtuse. Walker argues that many of the animosity towards Paul stems from lack of awareness of his cultural context and/or the idea that he wrote every thing attributed to him.
- Ethnic Negotiations: The Function of Race and Ethnicity in Acts 16 (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
- Paul The Apostle
- The Wisdom Books: Job, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes: A Translation with Commentary
- James: The NIV Application Commentary from Biblical Test...to Contemporary Life
- Mystery Babylon: Unlocking the Bible’s Greatest Prophetic Mystery
- Texts, Contexts and Readings in Postexilic Literature: Explorations into Historiography and Identity Negotiation in Hebrew Bible and Related Texts (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
Additional info for Acts: An Exegetical Commentary : Volume 3: 15:1-23:35